Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

B...b...b...b...BONK

I so bonked today.  Met up with one of the boys and decided to check out the Roasters Ride.  Dang.  I got popped off the back on the first climb.  Did I give up?  Hells no.  I dug......straight through my breakfast.  I worked with this gal, yup, she smoked me, until I got caught by these 2 nice guys that I met pre-ride and they dragged me to the Bovine where I caught up, unfortunately, with the rest of the gang.  Down Highway 1 up BoFax?  Sure.  Why not.  I ate a hard candy and said fuck it.  What a dumb ass.  But I guess we need "those" rides every now and then to realize that if you are trying to ride hard, fast, train, far, or with any kind of state of mind outside of a Sunday church spin ....  PACK SOME FOOD OR CASH.  I had neither.  So up from Bolinas, after getting dropped again on Hwy 1, the 3 waited for me, again, and up we go.  I had 1 gear and it was not on my bike.  I bummed a GU.  Helped.  But then we started the next climb up from Alpine Dam and I swear I had a mini-stoke.  The smells coming off of me reminded me of the Wilda-beast pen at the zoo.  My right eye started drooping, and the pavement started swirling like I had peaked after some seriously potent Magic Mushrooms only nowhere near as fun.  I stunk, sucked, suffered and swore.  I made it.  Barely.  Then I had to borrow some cash.  A Snickers and a banana never tasted so good.  Then I limped home and Fawn Dr. kicked the ever living shit out of me.  So all in I, I can't really say rode, buti limped 60 miles, climbed 5500 feet, used up 2800 calories and borrows a GU and $2.  The only thing I didn't do was shit myself .....  wait ...... scratch that last one.

Out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment