Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

One Thousand Points of Light


  • ·         I am alive, almost wasn’t the case yesterday: crazy lady in a Mercedes missed a downhill turn on LVR while I was climbing up.  Four wheel drifting right at me.  I was yelling, “you better not hit me, lady.”  I was all ready to unclip and do a full on Starsky and Hutch slide over the hood because the shear 50 foot drop on my right was less inviting than getting smashed by a road legal German Tank.  She was drifting right at me, about three feet from me and I was yelling.  She NEVER looked at me and I am glad.  Had she looked at me she certainly would have run me down.  REMEMBER – look where you want to go and not where you are going……..Three feet from me and she decides mid drift that a counter steer might be a good idea.  Through gritted teeth this old broad, with both hands on the wheel, effin counter steered right around my rear wheel.  Wooooo, that was close.
  • ·         Riding the bike is key to my happy existence (outside of my family and friends anyway)
  • ·         A hot tub after a cool winter ride is essential
  • ·         I have been really cold lately, oddly enough I am known for two traits in my local cycling community …..  1) I sweating all over the place and 2) I am perennially under dressed.  Weird, I say.
  • ·         I am a realist first, optimist second and 2012 is gonna be bad as…..
  • ·         My boy now says he is going to race with me next season.  So cool!  Just hope my feet heard and cooperate
  • ·         The above means MODDER HAAN RACING kit is on and will be getting juiced and ready to go come mid February – I will be taking orders so if you want kit at cost email modderhaanracing[at]gmail.com
  • ·         If the feet cooperate and racing is ON for me a new ‘cross rig is in order – leaning towards a Ridley X-Fire……..
  • ·         That means Nationals are in …. If I my feet are in …. Next season.  Nice!
  • ·         Wait ….. what? http://www.marinij.com/sanrafael/ci_19713641?source=most_viewed  Oh.  Okay.
  • ·         My foot healing process is coming along.  I am nearly back to where I was before I blew them up …… again …… on December 23rd.  That, my friends, is a good thing.
·         My winter riding regimen goes as follows (Sponsor will be back in school): Sat and Sun long and slow, Mon easy, Tues off, Weds and Thurs long and slow, Fri easy …. Rinse repeat through at least the end of February, maybe March, depending on how my feet are looking.

Well, that’s all I got for now. 

Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment