Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Busy Day ....

..... Dragging strays around west Marin.  Man, pull through.  I am an injured, man.  Just sayin'.  Got a lot done today, though, slowly.  I got one speed right now and it appears to be fast enough to catch and pass and instigate fools into suckin' some serious wheel; and we are not talking about a good wheel.  My rear wheel is akin to a wheel of stinky cheese, thick enough you have to cut the aroma with a knife, and you surely wouldn't want to be eating out from under there.  And my sweat....dude on a group ride with me once asked if it was raining...the reply...na, that's hayrider's sweat.  I am that gross.  Fast as the speed of smell.  Anyway.  I got out early and froze the stink off my taint.  It was chilly sauce out there.  But any ride is a good ride.  Next, I put on my hot tub repairman hat, followed that up with cutting a good dude a good deal on the SS 29er; one less arrow in the quiver.  She will be missed but seems to have gone to a good home.  The Sponsor and littlest and I then ran so many errands my poor ole bunion and sprained toe started flaring up.  I sucked up the errands, pulled down some Xmas lights, and partake...ed of the usual household ablutions and am finally bad feet up and watching some bowl game action.  All in, a good day. 

Got a plan.  Chillin'slow and low until at last the end of February in an effort to heal completely.  Shit, I may even stretch that out until the end of March or April if need be.  Though I would really like to start racing the road in April and, who knows, I may even partake in a mountain bike race or two this coming season.  See how the dogs heal.  So, no off road for me for a while, hence the release of the SS 29er, and for some reason I am looking forward to logging some long slow miles on The Good Wife.  The last three days have been relatively painless, though I am still unable to stand and climb or sprint out of the saddle.  I guess I will just sit and spin like a good little bitch should.

Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment