Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Will Always Be MY Third Favorite Day of the Week

Only two days better than Friday and they follow her up directly.  The Seven Sisters ride.  Down on a Friday afternoon.  I crept out of work early and was upon the mountain by noon.  It was a gorgeous day.  I rode somewhat strong and felt like a loamy turd.  Coming down the mountain I was railing this turn, weighting the bars a little too much, caught a ridge in the pavement with my rear wheel, caught air while feathering the rear brake, landed in a skid and was looking at a high speed high side when my wheel managed to hook up and shoot me out of the turn nicely.  The funny part, the best part of the whole trip, was that I wasn't even bothered by the close call.  And then there is Strava.  Hooked.  And even when I get out with a slow aim, I end up cranking cause I know I want to see a new PR, best time, whathaveyou.  So, with that, I leave you with a happy weekend.  Oh, and a shot of the revamped man cave.  Only thing out of place is the road bike on the right.  Normally she would be in the Hog Pen with the other whips.

Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment