Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Eating Light ... Craving Red Meat

Haha! Things are good omaheya, yo.  Family life is grand.  Riding is grand.  Cadel is riding the Tour like he ought to.  Things are coming together.  My weight is dropping.  I am starting the cyclocross specific training Monday with a rest day after a long week in the saddle.  I sure wish I had more free time but I am certainly making do with what I gots.  But, like the title of this awesome blog says, I am craving red meat and hungry all the time.  I think this week, maybe after my 3 days of hard work, on Thursday, I will indulge in a steak.  Yup.  That sounds good.  Oh, and I am on a new tip for lunch when it comes to work.  I am having 1/2 cup of cooked pasta, 1 cup of zucchini, 1 cup of eggplant, 3/4 cup broccoli and 1/4 cup spinach.  I saute that with 3 cloves garlic and 2 oz. pancetta and throw on 2 more ounces of grilled chicken breast and viola - lunch.  It gots the carbs needed for the ride, the protein for rebuilding the muscles and the veggies so I can poo nicely ... and get some vitamins.  Yehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.   But enough of that.  It's Sunday evening and the house is quiet and the TV is on and I am off to chill like I did and do in the redwoods.
Now get out there and get after it cause time sure as shit ain't gonna wait for you ... or me ... or any of us.  And that last sentence refers to more than just riding, suckers.

Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment