Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

First Dirt in Seven Months

If you are new here then you need to know I have a mystery ailment that has attacked my feet; the pain is excruciating, it moves at will and it has been paining me for almost a year, I have seen 6 doctors, and no one can figure it out.  I am seeing a rheumatologist in a week and hopefully she can figure it out and it is nothing major.  That being said, I have stuck to the less painful type of riding, the road, since my last dirt excursion on X-mas eve blew my feet to bits.  Until yesterday.  I am a risk taker and I took a risk.  Goddamn I miss the dirt.  I had a blast.  I took it easy and rode relatively smooth Tam fire roads and it went OK.  Well, that is not entirely true.  My skills have waned and I almost missed 2 turns ... and had I missed them it surely would have spelled C-U-R-T-A-I-N-S for me .... twice.  But, and there is always a but, that being said, I am more than willing to work a mountain bike ride into my weekly routine.  It is so liberating.  I do need to tune up the Superfly 100, or Juanita as she is know around here.  That's her above.  Great bike.  Do you want to hear something slightly embarrassing?  It had been so long since I had mounted Juanita that I forgot which way to switch the rear shock level to engage pro pedal.  I figured it out but it still made me blush with the recognition of my idiocy.  Anyway - getting in a Seven Sisters ride this morning after I watch the rest of the Tour.

Oh, and if you have not indulged in the water from the fountain above - you should.  It's the BALLS.
 Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment