Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

A Tale of, Um, Three Rides?

This is not going to be a gripe, a whine, a simper, just the facts, Ma'am, just the facts.  Saturday, overcast, windy, and generally sort of grey-ish.  Suited and booted I headed out after watching the Milan San Remo with  enthusiasm; good thing, too, cause enthusiasm was all I had that day.  I managed to manage about 45 miles at a brisk pace, albeit a little painful due to my injuries.  I mean I had cut out the offending material on my old MTB shoes, why not my old road shoes?  Duh!  Sometimes I am a dipshit.  
So Sunday it was even windier.  I mean we are talking 35 mph gusts, yo.  Have I mentioned that I hate the wind?  So there I was cruising along at a cool 9.7 mph into this biting headwind on LVR when these two cats go blowing past me.  Bitch.  Really?  Ok.  I step it up, see dude at second wheel turn and look and .....wait ......what ......did he just wave me on?  A cool roadie?  Nice.  I popped out my ear buds and grabbed third wheel.  We pace lined to the foot of the Bog Rock climb and dude big ringed that fucker and dropped me like a deuce.  I appreciated the help into the headwind but I was not able to hang on the climb. D.  R.  O.  P.  P.  E.  D.  Woops.  Oh, and did I mention it was wet out?
And then today, Monday, mellow spin day, awesome.  For the first time in some time I felt like a mother fucking bike rider.  My whip felt small.  My legs felt like ..... well .... they had more.  My head was crisp and clear and full of whimsical thoughts and not the million-some-odd voices that usually carom around my cranial cavity screaming obscenities at me for ...... well ...... being me.  Maybe it's the beard?  My facial hair is getting somewhat boooshy.  Then again, maybe it's the fact that the cut-outs on my shoes make my feet feel great.  Maybe?  Maybe it's just the fact that my fat ass has slimmed down enough that I no longer feel like a Jimmy Dean sausage roll in my kit and my clothes fit like they should?  Maybe it's the fact that riding a bike is fun?   Maybe it's all those breathing exercises?  Yup, that's probably it - breathing exercises.

Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment