Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Dropping Science in the Redwoods

So here it is the last day of the new year.  I am glad; 2011 was truly a pretty shitty year as far as my life has gone so far.  I could tell you all the gory details but I won't do that to you.  What I am gonna drop on you is a sort a full circle type thing.  In that other blog I penned, the one that had 3 awesome numbers in the title, I opined often about the sad state of affairs it is out their regarding, um, yeah, WAVING amongst road cyclists.  I wave to everyone: the weekend warrior, the geriatric, the mountain bikers, the roadies and the racers.  Why? Because we all have one thing in common; we like to ride a bicycle - okay we have 2 things in common - after eating asparagus our pee smells the same - but what I was getting at is that I wave to everyone.  There is only one type of rider that doesn't wave back - the dude who THINKS he is fast.  Dude, you are not fast.  Seriously.  And you give cyclists a bad name.  I tested this theory today and after finding the douche who thinks he is fast and having him not wave back I rounded the corner and ran across the euro pro on the Liquigas team out for a nice west Marin training ride.  I waved to him and shot me this handsome Italian grin and big 'ole wave and, in doing this, solidified my theory that the only douche bag that doesn't wave is douche that THINKS he is fast, cause if you know you are fast, or even slow for that matter, why wouldn't you wave.  Guess the only real reason is that you are a douche ....... bag.

Out!

Happy New Year!

May 2012 Kick Fucking Ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment