Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Kings Ridge

Started in Guerneville, wanted a piece of the famed Kings Ridge ride.  Got it.  We cruised at a nice leisurely pace, for me, and man was it a fun ride.  Little fucking kickers ... everywhere and all day long.  And there were these nice little descents peppered in there with the climbing but they were teases, just long enough to about feel a rhythm and then ... BAM ... another little fucking kicker.  
 And right about when you are at your wits' end ... BAM .. there it is ... Meyers Grade.  Straight fucking down.  And you can see all the way to Hwy 1 ... no cars ... so suffice it to say that I was using the whole fucking road and leaving a little strip of flames on the road behind me.  BAM.  And then to Hwy 1.  Railing fresh pavement turns.  I swear I got wet.  I am not sure but I think top to bottom was about 7 miles.  And then we witnessed the food chain first hand.
The bad ass bald eagle above was hunting this duckling.  Two crows were dive bombing said chicken hawk.    Momma duck was submerging baby duck with every dive bomb attack and finally the little sucker ran out of steam and ... BAM.  Dude was fucking lunch.  The whole ordeal lasted maybe 15 minutes and had I had the wherewithal to video tape that sumbitch I bet National Geographic would be banging down my door with a mother fucking movie check riiiiight ......  NOW!  OH, and even though the picture blows donkey cack, that Bad Ass Bald Eagle was about 70 feet from the road and at eye level.  Saweet.
So we had a fantastic ride.  Climbed 5500 feet.  Descended the same and I was grinning ear to ear ... old school style.  Speaking of old school, check that Fisher out and ...... BAM!

Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment