Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bunion My Ass

Sometimes things are not as they appear.  This would prove true with the injuries sustained by my lowly feet.  I saw the Good Dr. today, the smart Dr., and he looked at my shit and basically told me everyone who had looked at my feet, diagnosed my feet, and/or massaged my tired old feet was full of fucking shit.  The bunion that is not - he touched one spot and said, "That hurt?".  "Nope".  Then that shit ain't a bunion.  He did say 2 MRIs are needed because I have some serious soft tissue damage in the form of ligament, tendon or cartilage . . . . or, perhaps, all of the above.  So they are haggling with my awesome insurance about that as we speak.  Seven long months and finally we are getting somewhere.  I mean I asked all the "others" if an MRI was needed and all I got was a resounding no.  Practicing medicine.  Just don't practice on me anymore.  So, I am still nowhere and the surgery I am looking at is now different .... if needed at all.   
As for my ride ..... well, that was spectacular.  Given the new light shed on my injuries and that I do not have an old man, Captain Agro-style, bunion I rode with some youthful vigor.  I did not ride far but rather threw down a bit of an effort, a solid high energy tempo ride, and it was fantastic.  I am looking forward to getting out in the rain again tomorrow and Friday, short and at effort, and then indulging in some long slow ones for the weekend.  See you out there.  And remember, if you are going to suck a wheel and not say anything, you do ...... suck.

Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment